The government of Pakistan has helped its citizens by introducing an online portal to check property ownership in Pakistan. So you don’t have to deal with Patwaris anymore, and now you can check property ownership in Pakistan using the internet if you live in Punjab or Sindh. Here is how to check property ownership in Pakistan in 2022.
For many years, it was difficult to determine who owned the property. There was no way for consumers to check the online property or land records because there was no internet system. People had to deal with Patwaris in the old system. The old system was inefficient and a significant source of corruption in property and land problems.
The Pakistani government created an online system for property and land records to combat corruption and make the property ownership process easier. This method, however, is not available in all of Pakistan’s provinces.
Only the Punjab and Sindh governments have made the online property ownership check available. So we’ll show you how to check property ownership in Pakistan online in this article.
Punjab Land Record Authority (PLRA)
The Punjab Land Record Authority (PLRA) has created a land and property records management system. People who own property in Punjab can use the online Land Records Management Information System to examine their records (LRMIS). The Punjab Land Record Authority is in charge of all land and property affairs in Punjab.
How to Check Property Ownership In Punjab 2022
The official Punjab Zameen website has all of the property and land records. The following are the methods to verify property and land ownership in Punjab:
- Visit the official Punjab Zameen website at https://www.punjab-zameen.gov.pk/.
- You may look up ownership information on the website’s homepage.
- To begin, choose a district from the drop-down menu. You must first choose the district in where the property or land is located.
- From the drop-down menu, choose the Tehsil.
- Then, from the drop-down box, choose the Area where your property is located.
- You’ll be given three search possibilities in the next stage. You may look it up using your CNIC, name, or Khewat number (Property number).
- If you wish to search it by CNIC, you’ll need to write down your CNIC’s 14 digits.
- Then, click enter. The Punjab Land Record Authority (PLRA) has also released a mobile app for it. It is, however, only available for Android users.
LRMIS Advantages (Land Record Management Information System)
- Less time is required to finish the mutation process (transfer of Property).
- You can readily check the data from the comfort of your own home.
- There is no price to pay.
- The property’s validity is ensured by biometric verification and integration with NADRA.
- You do not have to pay a patwari to find out who owns the land.
- There is no corruption.
How to Check Property Ownership In Sindh 2022
This online system for property owners in Sindh was also launched by the Sindh Board of Revenue.
Simply go to https://sindhzameen.gos.pk/PropertyRegister.aspx to register your property. and determine who owns the property or land. The Sindh Board of Revenue is in charge of all property and land concerns in the province.
People’s lives have been made easier by this internet system, which allows them to simply seek for ownership in the comfort of their own homes. The government of Pakistan has taken a significant step in digitising land and property records, and we hope that the governments of KPK and Balochistan will follow suit. We hope you now understand how to check property ownership in Pakistan online.