Got a train ticket booked earlier but now changed your mind and want to cancel the ticket and get a refund from Pakistan Railway Authority, don’t worry, the process is really simple. Sometimes you wish to cancel your train ticket and get a refund but don’t know how to do it. Well, you don’t have to face this problem anymore. As in this article, we are going to share how to get refund from Pakistan Railway Authority in 2022.
Geeting refund from Pakistan Railway Authority is a simple process that involves just a few clicks online. Read this article to the end to know how to get a refund from Pakistan Railway Authority.
Table of Contents
Step-By-Step Procedure To Get a Refund from Pakistan Railway Authority 2022
The Pakistan Railway Authority offers two kinds of tickets for seat reservations.
- Paper Ticket
The procedure of canceling and getting a refund of both of these tickets are different so we will discuss them one by one so that you could understand it completely without any confusion.
Procedure to Get a Refund from Pakistan Railway Authority | E-Ticket
- Visit the official Pak Railway website.
- Go to their website’s e-ticket page.
- Enter your account credentials to access your Pak railway passenger account.
- The passenger portal will appear after you log in.
- Select “see your confirmed orders” from the drop-down menu.
- The “cancel/partial cancel” option is located on the right side of the booking details. Select it by clicking on it.
- Then press the continue button.
- On the next screen, you’ll see the order details; click “confirm cancellation” to complete the process.
- On your screen, you will see a message. To cancel your seat, select yes.
The amount paid will be returned by the same service provider that received the payment at the time of online booking, such as banks, JazzCash, and UBL Omni.
Procedure to Get a Refund from Pakistan Railway Authority | Paper Ticket
- Only the reservation centers are able to refund paper tickets. Passengers can, however, get their tickets refunded at the nearest railway reservation center.
- With your tickets in hand, go to any railway reservation center.
- Give the person at the train reservation center a photocopy of your CNIC.
- Following verification of all facts, the payment will be reimbursed to you in accordance with the railway’s refund policy.
Terms And Conditions Of Pakistan Railway Refund Policy
- If you cancel your reservation 48 hours or more before the train’s departure from its starting stop, 10% of the payment will be withheld.
- When a ticket is canceled 48 to 24 hours before the train’s departure from its originating station, the railway administration will deduct 20% of the paid fare.
- If you cancel your ticket within 24 hours of the train’s departure from its starting station, you will be charged 30% of the total fare.
- If the train’s departure time is shorter than 2 hours or if the Guard Chart has been presented, the railway administration will not return the money (E-Ticket Only).
- After the train has left (within 24 hours), the customer will receive a 50% refund.
- If a train is canceled or delayed for more than 6 hours, Pakistan Railways will reimburse the full fare.
- If the reserved coach is not accessible on the train owing to coach damage or accidents, the railway authority will reimburse the entire fare.
Passengers must submit a written application to CCM's (Chief Commercial Manager) office for the last two points. To receive full reimbursement from Pak Railway, the application must include a confirmation certificate and signature from the station master.
We hope that our answer to your question on how to seek a refund from the Pakistan Railway Authority has been helpful. If you enjoyed this article, please share it with your friends.