Last Updated on 1 week by Numan Rasheed
Trying to figure out how to add your shop to your Instagram account? You’re in the right place because this article will take you through all the steps necessary to accomplish this goal.
Instagram is a social media platform that was recently purchased by Facebook for the grand sum of 1 billion dollars. As of this writing, Instagram has over 100 million active users. If you aren’t on Instagram yet and have a product-based e-commerce business, you’re missing out on a huge growing market.
Let’s get started!
Instagram is a social network for sharing photos and videos. It was created in October 2010, bought by Facebook in April 2012, and has more than 300 million users as of January 2017. The app allows users to post photos and videos to the app’s feed where followers can browse, like, comment on and share them.
Users can also post to their stories where their followers can view the posts for 24 hours. Users are able to direct message each other in addition to commenting on photos.
Instagram allows users to upload photos and videos directly from their mobile device or by linking their Instagram account to a website or blog. The service also offers features that enable users to discover new content from other users they follow as well as curated content.
The platform’s rapid growth led to celebrities using the social media service to share photos of their everyday life such as Cameron Diaz, Kylie Jenner, Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez, and Kim Kardashian. Businesses have begun using Instagram as a marketing tool with examples including Red Bull, Macy’s, Target, and Nike.
How can you add your shop on Instagram 2022?
Adding a shop on Instagram is not difficult at all. In just a few steps, your business can be selling items to customers on Instagram!
Below are the steps to add shop on Instagram in 2022.
To be eligible for Instagram Shop, your company must first meet the following requirements:
- Your company is in a well-supported market.
- Your company has a product that qualifies.
- Instagram’s merchant agreement and commerce policies are followed by your company.
- Your company owns a website domain that you plan to sell from.
Convert to a Business or Creator Account
Before you can add shop on Instagram, you must first have an account. You can create an account on Instagram by visiting their website and creating an account. If you already have a personal account, you can link your business account to it. To do this, go to the Instagram for Business website and select “Link Account.” Follow the instructions to switch from your personal account to your business account.
TIP: Make sure all of the information on both accounts is the same before switching accounts.
After you have created a business account and linked it to your personal account, you will be able to add shop on Instagram.
Connect to a Facebook Page
Then, to link your Instagram business account to a Facebook Page, follow these steps:
- Go to your company’s Instagram account.
- “Edit profile” is the option.
- Under the “Public business information” section, select “Page”
- Select a Facebook Page from your list of Pages to link.
- Select “Create a new Facebook Page” if you don’t already have one.
NOTE: Only a Facebook Page is necessary, not a Facebook Page Shop.
Add Your Product Catalog to the Site
A product catalog, which is a list of all your products, inventory, and descriptions, is required for Instagram Shop.
A product catalog can be linked to your Instagram business account in two ways:
- Facebook Business Manager’s Catalogue Manager (the “do-it-yourself” method)
- Partner with an E-commerce Platform (An integration through one of our certified e-commerce platforms partners, such as Shopify or BigCommerce)
After you’ve linked your Instagram account to a product catalog, you’ll need to submit your account for review by following these steps:
- Go to your business’s Instagram profile and tap the menu icon
- Choose “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Register for a shopping spree
- To submit your account for review, follow the procedures below.
- To check your status, go to “Shopping” in your “Settings” at any time.
NOTE: Account evaluations normally take a few days but sometimes can take longer.
Additional information may be required to confirm ownership of your website domain for some firms. Follow these procedures to perform a domain verification if you receive this notification.
Activate the shopping mode
You can enable shopping options once your account has been approved.
- Tap the menu symbol on your business’s Instagram profile.
- Choose “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- After that, tap “Business” and then “Shopping.”
- Choose the “product catalogue” you’d like to link to your account.
- “Done” should be selected.
NOTE: If you don’t see Shopping in your account settings, it’s likely that your account is still being reviewed or hasn’t been approved for Instagram Shopping.
Your Instagram Shop will appear on your Instagram profile page by default. Next time going to Instagram, don’t forget to put your shop hashtag out there. It will be your number one weapon in getting the right people to the right place. It’s cost-efficient, convenient, and easy.