Table of Contents
- You can remove the header and footer in word documents on a single page or all pages.
- To remove all headers and footers, go to Insert > Header or Footer, select Remove Header or Remove Footer.
Sometimes the header and footer in your word document isn’t the one you want, and you are not satisfied with them. Then you can remove it from your word file, and if you don’t know how to remove the header and footer in Ms word, this guide is for you.
Documents with various pages often have data—such as the page number, the document’s title, or the date—placed at the top or bottom of every page.
Text located at the top of every page in a document is termed a header, while text appearing at the bottom of every page is named a footer.
How To Add Header And Footer In MS Word
- Click the Insert tab.
- Click the Header or Footer button.
- Select a built-in header or footer design.
- Click the Close Header and Footer button when you’re done.
The Header and Footer Design tab close, and the header and footer are set.
How To Remove Header And Footer In Word 2016
How To Remove Header And Footer In Word From All Pages 2022
Once you’ve added a header or footer, you can easily remove it if you find that it isn’t what you want.
- Click the Header or Footer button on the Insert tab.
- Or you can double click on the header and footer.
- Select Remove Header or Remove Footer.
Then click on “Close Header And Footer.”
The header or footer is removed.
Delete a header or footer on a single page
- Double-click the first page header or footer area.
- Check Different First Page to see if it’s selected. If not:
- Select Different First Page.
- Content of the header or footer on the first page is removed.
- Note: Different First Page is a toggle, so be sure you’re turning it on.
- Select Close Header and Footer or press Esc to exit.