In this article, I will tell you how You can remove a hyperlink in MS Word from a single address, remove many links at once, turn automatic hyperlinks off, and turn off the requirement to press Ctrl to follow a hyperlink.
Table of Contents
Remove a Single Hyperlink in MS Word
To remove a hyperlink but keep the text, right-click the hyperlink and click Remove Hyperlink.
To remove the hyperlink completely, select it and then press Delete.
Remove all hyperlinks at the same time
If you’re using Word or Outlook, or Excel 2010 or later, you can remove all hyperlinks in a file using a keyboard shortcut.
In Word and Outlook:
- Press Ctrl+A to select all text.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+F9.
In Excel 2010 and later:
- Select all cells that contain hyperlinks, or press Ctrl+A to select all cells.
- Right-click, and then click Remove Hyperlinks.
Turn off automatic hyperlinks
When it’s not convenient to have Office automatically create hyperlinks in your document as you type, you can turn them off.
- In Office 2010 and later:Click File > Options > Proofing.(In Outlook,
click File > Options > Mail > Editor Options > Proofing.)In Office 2007:Click the Microsoft Office
button, and then click Options > Proofing.(In Outlook, open a new message, click the Microsoft Office
button, and then click Editor Options > Proofing.)
- Click AutoCorrect Options, and then click the AutoFormat As You Type tab.
- Clear the Internet and network paths with hyperlinks check box.
Turn off Ctrl+Click to follow a link
By default, Word and Outlook require you to press Ctrl when you click to follow a hyperlink. This extra step keeps you from accidentally going to a linked destination while you’re editing a document.
If you want to click links without having to press Ctrl, try this:
- In Word 2010 and later, click File > Options > Advanced.In Word 2007
click the Microsoft Office button > Word Options > Advanced.In Outlook 2010 and later,
click File > Options > Mail > Editor Options > Advanced.
In Outlook 2007, open a new message and click the Microsoft Office button > Editor Options > Advanced.
- Under Editing Options, clear the Use CTRL + Click to follow hyperlink check box.