This tutorial will tell you how to turn off friend suggestions on Facebook 2022 so that you don’t need to see the constant suggestions of your Facebook friends.
If you want to turn off the recommendations and news feed suggestions, then here are how to do that and other methods by which you can stop the annoying message from popping up on your screen.
One of the biggest changes to hit Facebook in recent years was the introduction of its “suggested friends” feature. While you’d think it would be a simple task to turn off this type of function on your profile, it turns out that this is a bit more tricky than just dragging sliders around.
Regardless, if you’re the type who doesn’t want to see a constant stream of friend suggestions from strangers when scrolling down your news feed, then here’s how you can disable them.
Table of Contents
How To Turn Off Friend Suggestion On Facebook on Windows and Mac 2022
You can disable friend suggestions in your account settings if you’re using Facebook‘s desktop page on a Windows 10 PC or Mac. To do so, go to Facebook.com and sign in with your account.
After you’ve signed in, go to the top-right corner and click the down arrow menu button. Select Settings & Privacy > Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Click the “Notifications” option on the left in the Facebook Settings menu for your account.
- In the “Notifications Settings” menu, choose “People You May Know.”
- In a variety of ways, Facebook stimulates you with suggested friends. Click the slider next to the various options listed if you want to disable individual friend suggestions (but not the in-app suggestions) (including push, email, and SMS notifications).
- Select the slider next to the “Allow Notifications On Facebook” option to turn off all friend suggestions on Facebook. All notifications will be disabled as a result of this action.
- Facebook will no longer offer other user accounts for you to add as friends on the Facebook website or in the Facebook mobile app if you disable this setting. If you want to add friends to Facebook, you’ll have to look for them and personally add them.
How To Turn Off Friend Suggestion On Facebook on iPhone, Android, iPad 2022
If you prefer to use Facebook on your Android, iPhone, or iPad, you may block friend suggestions in the app by changing your account settings. Because this is an account-wide setting, any changes you make in the app will be reflected on the website as well.
- To begin, go to your smartphone or tablet’s Facebook app and sign in (if you haven’t already). In the top-right corner, just below the Facebook Messenger icon, tap the hamburger menu icon.
- Scroll to the bottom of the menu, then tap Settings & Privacy > Settings.
- Scroll through the “Settings” menu and choose the “Notification Settings” option to see your Facebook suggestion settings.
- Tap the “People You May Know” option in the “Notification Settings” menu.
- You may disable individual friend suggestion alerts by push, email, or SMS by touching the slider next to each option, much like on the Facebook website’s settings menu.
- If you wish to turn off all Facebook friend suggestions, touch the “Allow Notifications On Facebook” slider.
- You’ll have to confirm that you wish to turn off all friend suggestions. To confirm, tap “Turn Off.”
When you disable the setting, the slider will turn grey, and all friend suggestions on your account will be removed as well.
If you happen to be a Facebook user who is fed up with the lightning-fast pace of friend suggestions and the constant distractions that they create, you’re in luck. You can finally turn off Facebook friend suggestions 2022 for good with relative ease. It might require a few clicks, but ultimately it is a very straightforward process that will eliminate your Facebook friend suggestion notifications permanently.
By following these steps to turn off friend suggestions on Facebook, you eliminate the chance that Facebook will send you notifications to add friends that you do not want to know. The notification feature may still be turned on, but Facebook will no longer nag you to accept suggested friends.