- You can merge cells in a table in a Microsoft word file according to your need.
- There are two ways to merge cells in a word document.
- You can merge cells in word from the quick menu or ribbon.
When working with tables, you may seldom want to merge two or more cells, or split one cell into multiple cells. Word makes this easy. And if you want to know how to merge cells in word, read on!
It’s easy to merge cells in the tables you add to Microsoft Word documents.
This feature works the same in all modern versions of Microsoft Word: 2010, 2013, and 2016.
How To Merge Cells In Word From Quick Menu
Select the cells you want to merge.
Right-click within the selected cells » select Merge Cells
The cells are merged.
How To Merge Cells In Word From Ribbon
- Select the cells you want to merge
- From the Ribbon, select the Layout command tab in ‘Table tools.
- Here you can see the ‘Merge Cells’ option.
- Click on it.
Selected cells are merged.