Oil and Gas Development Company Limited, commonly known as OGDCL, is a Pakistani oil and gas company. It has a primary listing on the Pakistan Stock Exchange and a secondary listing on the London Stock Exchange.
Established in 1961 by the Government of Pakistan, it was turned into a public listed company on 23 October 1997. Today it is involved in exploring, drilling, refining, and selling oil and gas in Pakistan.
It is the market leader in terms of reserves, production, and acreage. It is based on Jinnah Avenue, Blue Area in Islamabad, with the Government of Pakistan holding a 74% stake in the company. Rest are held by private investors. In 2013, it had revenue of Rs. 223.365 billion and profit before tax are soaring at Rs. 90.777 billion.
It is the largest company in Pakistan regarding market capitalization and has repeatedly ranked among the Forbes Global 2000.
On 4 May 2009, the government of Pakistan appointed a Citigroup-led consortium to advise the state-run Privatisation Commission on the sale of 10 to 15 percent (or 430 to 645 million shares) of the company.
OGDCL is the second Pakistani company to have been listed at the London Stock Exchange. In addition, the company was also listed in Pakistan at all the three exchanges of the country, namely Karachi Stock Exchange (KSE), Lahore Stock Exchange (LSE), and Islamabad Stock Exchange (ISE).
Business challenges and risks
OGDCL is exposed to operational and non-operational risks that can unfavorably affect its operations and financial performance.
- Crude oil price
- Environmental risks
- Exploration and drilling risks
- Exchange rate
- Law and order
- Reserve Depletion
- Under performance of oil and gas field
The company managed to drill more than one-third of the total wells drilled in the country during 2010. In addition to that, OGDCL was also a joint venture partner in sixteen wells drilled by other operators.
Internship program in OGDCl (Oil & Gas Development Company Limited) 2021
In an announcement, OGDCL has announced an internship Internship Program Under Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
INTERNSHIP PROGRAM under Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
Applications are invited from fresh Graduate Engineers / M.Sc / MBA /BBA / BS for the 01-year internship program,
designed for practical training to the educated youth for enhancing their skills:
1) Engineering Degree in
- Electrical & Electronics
- Mechanical & Mechatronics
2) M.Sc/BS/BE in
- Environmental Sciences
- Computer / Software/Telecom
- Geological Engineering/Geology
3) MBA/BBA (Hon.) in
- Marketing /SCM
4) CMA/ACCA/M.Com/MBA (Finance)/ BBA
- CGPA = 2.50 (in final degree as specified above)
- First Division (60% & above) where CGPA is not applicable
Number of Seats for internees in OGDCL
- Candidates must provide consolidated transcript (degree to be completed in all respects, on or before the
- closing date of advertisement i. September 28, 2021).
- The candidates who have already availed the opportunity of Internship (under CSR program) in OGDCL
- will not be eligible.
- Preference will be given to the applicants having domicile of districts in which OGDCL’s Oil & Gas
- producing fields are located.
- Interns will be paid a monthly stipend of Rs. 40,000/- (Forty Thousand Only).
- Written test will be conducted through NTS for enrolment of Interns entirely on merit.
- Interns will be issued certificates on successful completion of their internship.
- Intern(s) will stand released with no job offerings, upon completion of internship.
- The candidature of an applicant will be subject to disqualification at any stage prior or after enrolment
- for internship, in case of any false / forged information provided (in the application form or during the
- Company may suspend the whole process at any stage without assigning any reason.
- Permission for written test by NTS will be subject to provision of COVID vaccination certificate.
- In case any assistance is required, please contact OGDCL on 051-920023665.
HOW TO APPLY
- Interested candidates must visit NTS web site: www.nts.org,pk to apply online, Fee can only be paid via
- 1Link 1Bill Participating Banks/ATM/Internet, Banking/Mobile Banking/EasyPaisa/JazzCash/TCS
- Express Counters.
- Send the filled Application to NTS Headquarters (OGDCL project), plot #96, street # 04, Sector H-8/1,
- Application Forms filled improperly, incomplete, and submitted by hand will not be entertained.
- For further information, please visit www.nts.org.pk or call 051-8444441.
|For NTS Fee Payment Procedure||Click Here|
|To Download Advertisement||Click Here|
|For Online Application Form||Click Here|
|To Download Content Weightages||Click Here|
|Last Date for Application Submission||Tuesday, 28th September 2021|
7 Years in Digital Marketing, Blogger, Gamer, Entrepreneur, Creative SEO Strategist, ScorpioVirgo