- You can rotate your text in 3 different ways.
- Rotating a text can be done by adding a text box and then format it.
- Or you can insert a word art and then rotate it.
- Converting a text into the picture can also help you to rotate the text.
Everyone wants to make their word documents attractive. Of course, you can add pictures for this purpose, but you can rotate the text in MS word to catch your reader’s attention. And if you don’t know how to rotate text in word, then hold on! We have the solution.
This is a step-by-step guide on rotating a text direction in word so that the next time you can make your plain text more attractive and stylish. We are going to share 3 ways to achieve this easily.
How To Rotate Text In Word 2013
You may know that you can’t rotate text directly. So here are 3 solutions-to insert a text box, insert WordArt, and convert the text into a picture.
Method 1: Insert a Text Box
Text boxes make it easy to change the direction of text in word. All you do is create the text box, add some text, and decide how to rotate the text box.
- Firstly, click “Insert”.
- Then click “Text Box” in “Text” group.
- Next, just select “Simple Text Box” on the drop-list options.
- Type text into the text box.
- In the below picture, you can clearly see a cursor for rotation.
- Click on it, hold and move it in any direction to rotate your text.
- Or if you dont see this curosr, you can follow the following steps.
- Select the text.
- Go to click “Format” on the Ribbon.
- In “Arrange” group, there is the “Rotate” option. Click it.
- Here, you can see different rotation options.
- Choose one rotate option you like for your text.
- Click it.
- Possibly, you may find the text box lines are in your way. Then right click the text box.
- Choose “Format Shape”.
- Click on “Shape outline.”
- Then click on “No Outline.”
- Under is the effect:
Method 2: Insert WordArt To Rotate Text In Word
- Click “Insert” first.
- Then click “WordArt”.
- Choose a style.
- And type in the box.
- Repeat the above steps from method 1 of rotating text.
Method 3: Convert Text into Picture
- Select the text you want to rotate.
- Right click.
- Then choose “Copy”.
- Next click “Home”.
- Then click “paste”.
- Choose “Paste Special” option.
- Now in “Paste Special” window, choose “Picture (Enhanced Metafile)”.
- Then click “OK”.
- Go to click the text, and you shall find it has been converted into a picture.
- Next, right click.
- Choose “Format Picture”.
- Click “3-D Rotation” on the left side.
- On the right side, you can type a specific degree or click those Up/Down arrow buttons to rotate the picture around X, or Y, or Z-axis.
- Finally click “Close”.
People Also Ask About Rotating Text In Word
Text boxes make it easy to change the direction of text in word 2013. All you do is create the text box, add some text, and decide how to rotate the text box.
Go to Insert > Text Box. Select Drawing Tools Format > Rotate > Flip Vertical.