- You can change your Gmail signature on both computer and mobile.
- To change Gmail signature on computer, Open Gmail. At the top right, click Settings. See all settings. Under “General,” scroll to “Signature” and click the signature you want to edit. Use the text box to make your changes. To change the signature name, click Edit . At the bottom, click Save Changes.
- To change the signature in Gmail on mobile, the process is the same as above.
Gmail signature is text, like your contact information or a favorite quote, that’s automatically added at the end of Gmail messages as a footer. You can also set your logo as your Gmail signature.
And if you are not satisfied with your Gmail signature, you can always change it. But if you don’t know how to change your signature in Gmail, read this guide.
This article will guide you step by step on changing and editing your Gmail signature on both computer and mobile.
But Before editing the signature in Gmail, we will learn how to add a Gmail signature.
How To Add Gmail Signature
To find your Gmail signature settings through a desktop browser, click on the cog-shaped icon at the top right of your screen once you’re in Gmail. Then click on “See all settings” in the pop-up window that appears.
Once in settings, stay in the default “General” tab that will open. Then, scroll down until you see the signature settings section.
If you haven’t previously set up a Gmail signature, you’ll see a “Create new” box.
Click on the “Create new” box, and it will generate a pop-up window that asks you to give your new signature a name. (The name can be anything you want to call it; no one besides you will ever see it.)
Once you’ve done that, you’ll see a new box appear in the signature section of your settings page.
This is the box you’re going to create your signature in. Click in the box and add whatever text you’d like to appear as your signature.
You can choose to change the size of the text by clicking on the two “Ts” icons along the bottom of the compose box. You can change the font by clicking on the font option, and you can change all or parts of your signature to bold or italic using the edit tools.
You can put up to 10,000 characters in your signature. (A standard typed A4 page is around 2,000 characters, so it’s unlikely you’ll need to use that many.)
How To Change Gmail Signature On Computer
To make any changes to your Gmail signature on your computer, you need to head back into settings and carry out the required edits. Don’t forget to hit up “Save changes” at the bottom of the page when you’ve done so.
- Open Gmail.
- At the top right, click Settings.
- See all settings.
- Under “General,” scroll to “Signature” and click the signature you want to edit.
- Use the text box to make your changes.
- To change the signature name, click Edit.
- At the bottom, click Save Changes.
How To Change Signature In Gmail Mobile
The process to add or change signature in Gmail mobile is the same. You can only set plain text as your signature in Gmail mobile app.
- Open the Gmail app .
- In the top left, tap Menu .
- Scroll to the bottom, then tap Settings.
- Choose the Google Account where you want to add a signature.
- Tap Mobile Signature.
- Click on it to change the signature and enter a new one.
- Tap OK.