Suppose you have recently moved to another place and want to get important information about this place such as nearby restaurants, gas stations, hospitals, weather updates, and much more. You can do this by changing your old location on google and adding a new location.
But if you don’t know how to change location on google, you might think it is very difficult.
I want to let you know that this is a pretty simple process, and you can change your google location on android and iPhone very easily.
How To Change Google Location On Android
This section will discuss how you can change your location on google on an android phone.
Location History allows the Google app to show you useful information based on where you’ve been with the devices that you’re signed in to.
For example, the Google app uses your past locations to show you traffic updates for your daily commute by learning the route you take to work.
Steps To Change Location On Google On Android
Follow the below steps to change your old location to add a new location on google.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open assistant app and say “Hey Google, open Assistant settings.”
- Tap You Your places.
- Click on the x against your work or home location that you want to change.
- Now click on remove.
- After removing it successfully, you can add your new location.
2nd Method To Change Location On Google
In the second way, you can also ask Google Assistant to set your home and work locations. And google assistant will automatically change your location whenever you move to a different place.
How To Change Location On Google iPhone
Changing google location on iPhone is a bit different from android but with the following steps, you can achieve the goal easily.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Google Assistant app .
- At the top right, tap your profile image or initial.
- Tap You Your places.
- Add, change, or delete an address.
Tip: You can also ask Google Assistant to set your home and work locations.
Allow Google Assistant to use your device’s current location. When you give Google Assistant permission to use your current location, you’ll get more helpful results when you ask for local info like weather or restaurants nearby.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Settings app.
- Tap Privacy Location Services Assistant.
- Choose a location access option
- Tip: To receive certain notifications like location-based reminders when you don’t have the Google Assistant app open, set location access to Always.