As we all know, Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms for sharing special moments through photos, videos, and stories. It is used by millions of users worldwide to connect with friends, family, and colleagues.
Instagram is constantly changing, updating algorithms, and adding new features for a better user experience. For example, in December 2013, the platform introduced the Direct Messages feature to send private messages, photos, and videos.
Also, keep in mind that the platform was never designed to provide a direct messages service. That’s why it doesn’t allow users to backup messages directly from the app.
But, we have all accidentally delete something and then needed it. Unfortunately, sometimes this happens to our Instagram messages. Deleting important messages by mistake from Instagram can seem like a disaster if you know it will be challenging to recover them.
Relax! Here you can find the complete guide on how to recover deleted Instagram messages in 2021.
So if you want to recover Instagram direct messages or restore Old Instagram DMs, you’ll love this guide.
Sound’s good? Let’s get started.
Can You Recover Deleted Instagram Messages?
Of course, you can! But what do you do if you find yourself mistakenly deleting some important direct messages from Instagram?
You might use Instagram direct message recovery tools or software, but keep in mind that this is not considered a safe option to see deleted Instagram messages.
Below you can find the different ways to recover deleted DMs on Instagram without using third-party tools.
How to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages
1. Instagram Messages Recovery by iStaunch
To recover your deleted Instagram messages, go to the Instagram message recovery tool and enter your username. Next, tap on the recover messages button, and it will automatically restore to your account.
2. Recover Messages from Your Instagram Data
If you delete a direct message from Instagram on your Android or iPhone, it will be no longer available in your app, but it’s still available on the server.
To recover deleted Instagram messages, all you have to do is request your account data from Instagram and recover your deleted messages.
Here’s how you can:
- Open Instagram and log in to your account.
- Tap on the Profile icon at the bottom.
- Next, click on the Settings icon.
- Select the Security and tap on the Download Data option inside the Data and History section.
- You can also go to the Instagram Data Download Page to request your data.
- Next, enter yout email id and click on the Request Download button.
- As soon as you request the data, Instagram will start creating a file of your account and within 48 hours you will receive an email that contains your data download link.
- Download it on your smartphone and then follow the below steps to view deleted Instagram DMs.
3. View & Restore Deleted Instagram Messages
for desktop, request the HTML version as we requested above in the given image. And for the HTML version, you don’t need any extra software. Instead, you can view this data in your PC web browser.
- Install the Json Genie (Editor) app on android.
- Extract the downloaded zip file.
- Launch the Json Genie (Editor) app.
- Locate the Instagram data folder and open the messages.json file.
- That’s it, here you can see deleted Instagram messages of all time.
If you are using iPhone,e then you can use JSON Pro Free to see the JSON file. To see the JSON file on your PC, you need to go to the Online JSON Viewer website.
Now you know that the possible ways to recover deleted Instagram messages on Android and iPhone devices. We hope you like the above steps to retrieve deleted messages on Instagram. Which method do you use to see deleted Instagram DM? Let us know in the comment section below.
7 Years in Digital Marketing, Blogger, Gamer, Entrepreneur, Creative SEO Strategist, ScorpioVirgo