PTA does not approve the smartphones that are not in Pakistan through proper channels, and that’s why they block them after some time of usage.PTA allows registering one device free of cost.
But if you carry more than one device with you from abroad, you had to register other devices and pay applicable tax for that device to use in Pakistan for a long time.
The tax calculation is based on the price of the device you are using. Therefore, even if you have purchased a used phone from abroad, the tax against it will be according to its current market rate.
So if your phone gets blocked by PTA, it is not the end of the world. To get out of this trouble, you only need to know how to unblock PTA blocked phones, which is exactly what we will share below.
Steps To Unblock PTA Blocked Phone 2021
Here is how to unblock PTA blocked phone 2021 in three steps.
Step 1- Sign Up in PTA
- Go to the PTA official website by clicking this link.
- On the underside right corner, you will view a menu. Pick the very last option, ‘Online Mobile Registration,’ to continue.
- After clicking this option, a new tab will enable you to create a new account and sign up as a new user.
- You will be needed to provide your personal information such as your name, phone number, postal address, email address, city, passport number, CNIC, and a password.
- Once you have supplied all the details in the form, your sign-up process will be done.
- You will receive an activation link in your email through which you can get access to your account.
Step 2- Login To Submit Your Request Form
- Log in to your account and register your phone.
- As we mentioned earlier, you can only register one mobile phone free of cost in a year. You will have to pay tax for any other phones that you might wish to register.
- You also need to insert your IMEI number, which you can find on the phone box.
Step 3- Wait For The Response
- Upon form submission, you will get a text message on your phone giving you the details of your COC ID and PSID number.
- If you need to pay any tax amount for your device, it will also be specified in the SMS.
- To complete your PTA blocked phone registration, you will have to pay the tax in any significant banking branch of Pakistan, such as ABL, MCB, or NBP, etc.
- After payment, you will receive a text message showing that your phone is now PTA approved.