Do you have Nova Launcher installed on your android phone and want to uninstall it? Don’t worry! You are not the only one who wants to know how to uninstall Nova launcher 2022.
Nova Launcher is one of the most popular third-party launchers for Android. If you’re new to Nova, you might be wondering how to uninstall it once you decide that it isn’t for you. This can be a tricky process as Nova is heavily integrated with your Android device. In this article, we will walk through 3 different ways to uninstall Nova Launcher from your phone.
Table of Contents
3 Ways To Uninstall Nova Launcher On Android Phone 2022
You won’t be able to delete Nova Launcher if it has been configured as your phone’s default home app. In the app’s settings, you may have noticed that the uninstall button is disabled. Furthermore, because the Nova Launcher app is hidden from the app drawer, you won’t be able to uninstall it there either.
Fortunately, there are a few ways for removing the Nova Launcher app from your Android device. You can also go back to the default launcher/home app on your phone. All of the methods are described in detail here. Let’s get started with the first method right away!
Method 1: Uninstall Nova Launcher From Play Store 2022
Even though Nova Launcher is selected as your default home app, you can delete it from the Google Play Store. In Google Play Store, there is an uninstall button that allows you to remove a program from your phone directly.
- To begin, look for the Nova Launcher app in the Google Play Store (search it from the search bar).
- After that, go to the app’s page and click the “Uninstall” button.
- You’ll get a pop-up box asking you to confirm your decision; simply click the OK button.
- Nova Launcher should be uninstalled from the Google Play Store.
Note that if you uninstall the Nova Launcher app while it is still running on your phone, your phone will revert to the default home (UI) app.
Method 2: Uninstall Nova Launcher From Settings
Nova Launcher can be uninstalled from your phone’s settings, but first, it must be removed from the default launcher app. In the app settings, there is an option to prevent the app from executing any default actions. Here’s how to go about it:
- To begin, open the Settings app from your app drawer.
- Now select Apps from the drop-down menu.
- Find and open the Nova Launcher app from the list of apps that appears on your screen. You can jump to the N alphabet to discover it easily.
- If the Uninstall button is disabled, the Nova Launcher has been set as your default home app. To get rid of it, go to the app settings area and select “Set as default.”
- After that, select “Clear defaults” from the drop-down menu.
You can skip this step if all you want to do is remove the Nova Launcher app from your phone’s default home screen. Otherwise, uninstall it using the sixth step.
- Return to the main app information page and you’ll notice that the “Uninstall” button has been enabled. Simply, click on it and then hit the OK button to confirm your activity. That is all.
Method 3: Uninstall Nova Launcher Using Safe Mode
We’ll show you how to use Android’s safe mode functionality to delete Nova Launcher from your phone in this manner. We do not recommend that you use this method because it is a little technical and time-consuming; however, we are sharing it with you for your information.
The safe mode function will start your Android phone with the pre-installed software and apps while disabling any third-party apps you have loaded. Once you are in safe mode, you can delete the Nova Launcher app from your phone properly.
To activate the safe mode, press and hold the power button on your phone. Then, for a few seconds, hit and hold the power off button on the screen, and you’ll be invited to enter safe mode. Simply select “Safe mode” from the drop-down menu.
Unlock your phone and navigate to Settings > Apps > Nova Launcher once it has restarted. To confirm, tap the “Uninstall” option and then OK. You’ve completed the task!
The guide above will provide you a simple way to remove Nova Launcher. From these steps, you can clearly see that uninstalling system app is not a difficult thing. If you have a problem with how to uninstall Nova Launcher 2022, please leave comments below to share your thoughts, we are happy to help you.