- Word uses Section Breaks to divide the document into sections. Within sections, it is possible to vary the layout of the document.
- You can insert a section break from the “Breaks” option in the “Page Layout” section.
- To remove a section break in Microsoft word, select Home > Show/Hide to show section breaks.
- Place your cursor just before the section break and press Delete.
Do you want to remove section breaks but don’t know how to do it? Don’t worry; we have arranged this simplest step-by-step guide for you so that you don’t need to worry about how to remove section break in word.
To apply formatting to your Microsoft word documents, you need to divide your entire text into blocks, and for this purpose, you insert section breaks in it. Within sections, it is possible to change the layout of the document. For instance, one section can have a page count in Roman numerals, while another can use Arabic numbers.
Section breaks vary from page breaks, which shift the content after a page break to the beginning of the next page. When you delete a section break, the text before and after the break merges into one section, which takes on the formatting of the latter section.
Here is how to remove a section break in Word on Windows.
How To Remove Section Break In Word 2013
Follow the below steps to remove section break in word 2013 on windows 10.
- Choose the Home tab if it isn’t already selected for your document.
- Select Show/Hide ¶ to show the section breaks in your document.
- Click the area just before the section break you want to remove, then hit the Delete key. The section break is removed.
People Also Ask About Removing Section Break In Word
You can get rid of section breaks by:
- Selecting Home > Show/Hide to show section breaks.
- Placing the cursor just before the section break and pressing Delete.
If you can’t select a section break, simply place your cursor at the beginning of the section break and then press “Delete” from your keyboard.