- For your security and privacy purposes, you can block or allow redirects and pop-ups on chrome.
- On both your computer and mobile phones, you can turn pop-ups and redirects on or off from Settings.
- On your computer, open Chrome. At the top right, click the three vertical dots and then Settings. Under “Privacy and security,” click Site settings. Click Pop-ups and redirects. At the top, turn the setting to Allowed or Blocked.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app Chrome. To the right of the address bar, tap three vertical dots and then Settings. Tap Site Settings and then Pop-ups and redirects. Turn off Pop-ups and redirects.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Chrome app Chrome. Tap three horizontal dots and then Settings. Tap Content Settings and then Block Pop-ups. Turn Block Pop-ups on or off.
Are you sick of unnecessary pop-ups and redirects? Or are you fed up with accidentally lending to some phishing website? You are not alone in this. We all have been in this situation. But now, luckily, you can prevent this and stop redirects on the google chrome browser. You can keep yourself safe from rogue sites and malicious links by stopping redirects in your chrome browser. And if you don’t know how? Keep Scrolling!
Do you know you can instruct your chrome browser to prevent redirects from happening and embarrassing pop-ups? Yes, it is true. You can block or stop redirects in your chrome browser from your computer as well as your android/iPhone or tablets.
In the following article, we will share how to stops redirects in chrome and block pop-ups.
How to Block Pop-ups and Redirect in Chrome Computer?
It’s risky to keep the pop-ups and redirects feature enabled for all the websites. If you do not need these options, you should consider blocking pop-ups and redirects on your chrome browser.
Here are the steps on how to block browser pop-ups and redirects in chrome on a computer:
- Launch the Google Chrome Computer browser.
- Click on menu for options.
- Select Settings from the list.
- Scroll down to the Privacy and Security section, and select the Site settings from the menu.
- Click on Site settings within privacy and security.
- Scroll down and choose the Pop-ups and redirects option.
- Toggle the button to turn OFF and block the pop-ups and redirection.
This will completely block pop-ups and redirects windows for all the websites in the Chrome browser. If you want to block it for a few websites, you can add those URLs to the Block section.
How To Stop Redirects In Chrome On Android Mobile 2021
You can stop redirects on android by following the below procedure.
Firstly, open the Chrome app on your android phone and click on three vertical dots at the top right corner.
Then click on Settings.
In Settings, scroll down and click on Site Settings within Advanced.
Here keep scrolling down and tap on Pop-ups and Redirects.
By default, chrome keeps it Blocked but if it is not, then toggle off to stops redirects in chrome on mobile.
We have shared the procedure of blocking and stopping redirects and pop-ups on both computer and mobile. If you found this article helpful, share it with your loved ones to protect them from unwanted redirects.