2 Ways To Convert Capital Letters To Small Letters In Word
- Microsoft Word allows you to convert capital letters to lowercase letters in 2 ways.
- Either you can change text capitalization by using an MS Word feature called “Change Case.”
- Or you can use a shortcut key to change capital letters to small letters in Word.
What do you do if you receive a Word document of 7 pages, all typed in capital letters?
You might need to change the capitalization of the whole document. Yes, you can retype it but isn’t it will be too difficult and time-consuming? And if you want to know how do I change caps to lowercase without retyping, read this article.
The following article will share how to convert capital letters to small letters in Word.
How To Change Capital Letters To Small Letters In Word
You can change capital letters to lowercase in an MS Word document in 2 ways. And below, we will share both ways for your convenience.
Method 1: Keyboard Shortcut Key To Change Capital Letters To Small Letters
In Microsoft Word, you can use the keyboard shortcut Shift+F3 to change the selected text between uppercase, lowercase, and title case.
- Highlight all the text you want to change.
- Hold down the Shift and press F3.
- When you hold Shift and press F3, the text toggles from sentence case (first letter uppercase and the rest lowercase), to all uppercase (all capital letters), and then all lowercase.
Method 2: Change Case For Converting Capital Letter To Lowercase Letter
Follow the steps below to convert big letters to small letters in Word.
- Select all the text (Ctrl +A)
- Select the Change Case buttonfrom the ribbon at the top
- Select the option you require
- Sentence case = makes capital letters for the beginning of sentences only and the rest lower case
- lower case = makes all text lower case
- UPPER CASE = makes all the text CAPITAL LETTERS
- Capitalize Each Word = makes the First Letter Of Each Word A Capital Letter
- tOGGLE cASE = swaps your CAPS to lower case and lower case to CAPS
- All the capital letters will be converted to small letters.